[Mediawiki-l] Configuring VIM and FireFox plugin

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:21:31 UTC 2005

This isn't directly related to using MediaWiki, but I'll ask anyway.

I've been trying out the new external editor feature in 1.5. I like
the idea, but it needs smoothing out. (example, an external URL
argument, so it doesn't have to be set in user preferences?)

Is there a way to configure VIM to highlight Wikitext?

Also, is there a FireFox plugin to handle the
application/x-external-editor MIME type? I would write it myself, but
I have no clue as to the mechanisms involved or anything. It just
appears to be doing things by extension instead of MIME when it comes
to unknown types.

-- Jamie