[Mediawiki-l] article to subdomains

Sam Rowe mediawiki at samrowe.com
Tue Jun 28 12:52:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 09:21:40AM +0200, Ing.Branislav Gerzo wrote:
# Hi all,
#
# I'm just playing with mediawiki 1.4.5, downloaded archive of this
# list, checked faq, and didn't found answer to question:
# it is possible to setup wiki, so URL:
# mydomain.com/wiki/Some_article -> some_article.mydomain.com
#
# I tried to hack that a bit, but I was unsuccesful. Tried change also
# case in db, setup apache to handle all those domains and so on, but I
# get only redirects...
#
# Could anyone tell me if:
# 1. this is possible
# 2. how to do that :)
#
# Thanks a lot, good people!

Even if you could do that, why would you want to force your users to
do a DNS lookup for every article?