[Mediawiki-l] mail.php

ulrice jardin ujelin at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 12:46:38 UTC 2005

hello,

I am trying to configure my system to use the email
notification. Apache, MySql, PHP and MyPHPAdmin have
been installed by EasyPHP...

I set the variables 'smtp' and 'sendmail_from' in
php/php.ini and '$wgSMTP' in
www/mediawiki/localsettings.php.

In the login page of the wiki, when I fill the "user
name " textbox and click on the "mail me a new
password" button I've got the following error:

Warning: usermailer(Mail.php): failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in
h:\easyphp\www\mediawiki\includes\UserMailer.php on
line 54

Fatal error: usermailer(): Failed opening required
'Mail.php'
(include_path='.;h:\easyphp\www\mediawiki;h:\easyphp\www\mediawiki/includes;h:\easyphp\www\mediawiki/languages')
in h:\easyphp\www\mediawiki\includes\UserMailer.php on
line 54

It seems that my system is missing "mail.php" but I
don't know where to get it and how to install it. I've
read in the Enotif documentation that Pear should not
be used. I don't know what is Pear but it has been
installed by easyphp. Shall I remove it, or replace it
by another package to get this "mail.php"?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Julien