[Mediawiki-l] email notification

ulrice jardin ujelin at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 15:32:13 UTC 2005

hi,

I've just installed mediawiki-1.5beta1 and I've got
some problem using the email notification.

When I click "Mail me a new password" in the login
page it says:

"Error sending mail: Failed to connect to mailserver
at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and
"smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()"

I don't know php.ini nor ini.set() (and I can't find
them)so it doesn't help much.

I checked the Enotif page and I'm aware I need "a
working php mail() in my server" but I just don't know
how to do it....

Anybody could help?

thx
Julien