[Mediawiki-l] Whitespace and numbered lists

MHart wiki at matthart.com
Fri Jun 24 16:09:06 UTC 2005

I created an extension for a site that allowed for better spacing between
list elements without breaking the list. Just add a div with spacing
information inline with the list element, something like:

# Ordered list item<extraspacing>10</extraspacing>

where 10 is the px for the extra spacing. You can also do indented notes and
other cool stuff within ordered list, including tables, without breaking the
numbering.

Alternately, MediaWiki support the HTML ol start=whatever tag if you want to
manually fix the numbering:

# Item 1
# Item 2
Extra spacing

<ol start=3><li>Item 3
<li>Item 4

breaks wiki formatting, though - which is why I choose extensions.

- MHart