[Mediawiki-l] Activating Turck MMCache after installation

Carlton B carltonb at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 20 08:55:12 UTC 2005

This does not answer your question at all, but I experienced some
frustrating problems using Turck MMCache and I advise not using it if you're
having problems with it.   The answer I received here, if I understood it
correctly, suggest that MediaWiki has never been able to satisfactory
integrate the data caching feature of Turck in a stable or satisfactory way,
causing different people to have different problems with it.   Thus, you
shouldn't enable this option in LocalSettings.php.   You might be concerned
about losing cache capability, but (as I understand) even if you disable the
option, you still get the benefit of Turck caching compiled php scripts,
which is a big benefit.