[Mediawiki-l] enable downloads/dinamic logo/installing my miki

Jordi Domingo jordidr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 18:56:03 UTC 2005

Hello, only three questions (I didn't find nothing similar googling
archives) and I'd almost finished my app...;)

- Downloads: I enabled the upload funcionality usuing functions form
specialupload, integrating it when you press the button appearing in
edit mode (the "save changes"). My apllication based in Mediawiki
modifies a file of pure text that I have previously uploaded...but how
I get a link to download the file?. I mean, if uload was thought to
images, then putting the image you could download it wih right button
of the mouse, but it is a uplaoded text file, that I have to
download....there's any function to do this, or simply I remade one of
the navigation links to point the file? (rough method, I suppose; but
if there's a specific function to download files as there is one to
upload file, would be better...)

- Dinamic logo: I change in localsettings.php the image to be loaded
in the logo; however I would like to change the logo according to
change of "screen"; this would be when I enter in index.php and I know
what action is done, but doesnt' work. I printed a var to screen to
know if I was getting well the path, and it's correct. Not critical,
but if there's a way of do it...

-Installing my application: to do my application I have based on
Mediawiki. To the present moment, the instructions would be

1.install mediawiki 1.4.0 and
2.copy all the files I have modified overwriting the older ones, but
careful with localsettings.

I can't simply say "copy the files" because my aplication uses the
database for users (not for text). Can I modify the installing program
to integrate my apllication, and reduct it to a single step
(substitute the Article.php by my Article.php, etc...) I suppose it
work, yes? And I suppose there's no problem with that, as I inform
continously that is based and powered by Mediawiki, being open source,
yes?

Thanks in advance

Jordi