[Mediawiki-l] 1.4.0 subpages and namespaces

Fernando Carpani jfklecter at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 13:18:24 UTC 2005

Thanks Brion.
The upgrade will be made, possibly this night or
tomorrow. We're thinking  in upgrade to 1.4.4 when we
see that 1.4.5 was released, so... it will be 1.4.5

In my previous post I say..

> What's wrong in this configuration?

My question arise because there's no effect with this
line:
> $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[0]=1;

With this line, the Main namespace must be able to use
subpages agree with
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Sub_pages#Enabling_in_main_name_space

But, it seems not to be work.

When I use a link like this [[/subpage1]] in a page
with name Prueba , the name of the new page is
/subpage1 instead Prueba/subpage1...

The other evidence of that in this version, only this
not work, is the fact of the back-link.... in the new
page theres no backlink...

But in user pages, the subpages works fine.  !!!!

I think that there must be another setting that I
haven't found yet....

The rest of this messages is a little description of
some testings that I made. So, may be skipped...(or
not :-) )

THANKS.
FDO.

In my analysis, I've added some wfDebug in some points
... (ONLY this until now...).. and I've check that in
de Parser.php, in the function areSubpagesAllowed, the
value of $wgNamespacesWithSubpages[0] is 0 instead of
1... remember that in LocalSettings I have the line:

$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[0]=1;

The line that was added to the function
areSubpagesAllowed is:
wfDebug(sprintf("areSubpagesAllowed:
wgNamespacesWithSubpages[%s]=%d
URL=%s\n",$this->mTitle->getNamespace(),$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[$this->mTitle->getNamespace()],$this->mTitle->getFullUrl()),true)

and the line produced in the log file  is:
areSubpagesAllowed: wgNamespacesWithSubpages[0]=0
URL=http://herge.fing.edu.uy/inco/grupos/csi/wikiLocal/index.php/Subpagina2

Thanks.