[Mediawiki-l] Conversion from tikiwiki

Sooraj Ratnakumar sooeydoo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:36:58 UTC 2005

I am presently running a Tikiwiki site from which I would like to convert all
the Articles as well as the Wiki pages to Mediawiki. Does anybody have a script
for this already, or can someone help me out?

I don't know MySql scripting, but I tried the following script to transfer
articles from Tikiwiki articles table to MW cur table:

INSERT INTO mw_cur(cur_title,cur_text)
SELECT tiki_articles.title,tiki_articles.heading
FROM tiki_articles
WHERE articleId <50;

But then, while the titles got successfully transferred, the content (which is
in heading tag) didn't - I have no idea why, please help me! Can I follow the
same method to import the wiki pages from Tikiwiki as well?

Also, some of my articles have content in two rows: Heading and Body - will it
be possible to combine them and then enter them into the cur_text row? If so how?