[Mediawiki-l] How to fix dead whitespace around the TOC?

Carlton B carltonb at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 14 10:07:13 UTC 2005

I can't seem to find a way to specify the [[Image]] tag to avoid a dead spot
of whitespace to the right or left of the TOC.  This looks especially bad if
there's a photo floating right or left to the body of the text; it just
creates a big wasted whitespace in the middle.   Ideally I'd like to be able
to get some text in there.  Is there any good way to do that?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saitama_Prefecture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory