[Mediawiki-l] Re: Navigation Bar

Heinz h-j.luecking at t-online.de
Sun Jun 12 18:36:25 UTC 2005

have also a look on

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Arcy#Einfügen_eines_bearbeitbaren_Menüs
it's in german language and discribse, how to use a wikipage for an editable
menu.

the basics:

insert a new page "MediaWiki:MyMenu"
open skin/MonoBook.php (works only in MonoBook.php !!!))

Find:

  <h5><?php $this->msg('navigation') ?></h5>
      <ul>
        <?php foreach($this->data['navigation_urls'] as $navlink) { ?>
        <li id="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($navlink['id'])
        ?>"><a href="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($navlink['href']) ?>"><?php
        echo htmlspecialchars($navlink['text']) ?></a></li><?php } ?>
      </ul>
Replace:
       <ul>
        <?php foreach($this->data['navigation_urls'] as $navlink) { ?>
        <li id="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($navlink['id'])
        ?>"><a href="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($navlink['href']) ?>"><?php
        echo htmlspecialchars($navlink['text']) ?></a></li><?php } ?>
      </ul>
by:       <?php $this->msgWiki( 'MyMenu' ) ?>
things  should look like then

  <h5><?php $this->msg('navigation') ?></h5>
      <?php $this->msgWiki( 'MenuNavigation' ) ?>
[Bearbeiten]

"Arthur Guy" <arthur at astarsolutions.co.uk>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:WM3FE34FE5D7804da4ADE353DF1AB66DCD at astarsolutions.co.uk...
> Thanks for that; I hadn't found that page.
>
> Arthur
>
> arthur at astarsolutions.co.uk

Behalf Of Brion Vibber

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_FAQ#How_do_I_change_the_contents_of
> _the_navigation_toolbar.3F
>
> We can't explain it any better than that. If it's still not clear after
> that, I'm sorry -- search through the source code until you find it.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
>

> 'a star solutions' disclaimer
material.
> If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is
prohibited.
> If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and
may not necessarily reflect the views of the company.
> We believe that this communication is free from viruses and other
potentially dangerous programmes, but the recipient opens this communication
at their own risk.
> We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the
receipt or use of this communication