[Mediawiki-l] Windows Apache & IIS vs Linux Apache performance differences

Arthur Guy arthur at astarsolutions.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 10:21:56 UTC 2005

I have a similar problem with the Wiki I run, it is running on Windows and
IIS with MySQL and PHP.
Whenever you click a link CPU usage jumps to about 50-70% for about a second
or two, I carefully watched the processes and the main usage comes from the
php process, this starts running uses a lot of processor power and then
closes.

There are several bugs listed with php.net about slow windows performance
but no fixes that I can find.

I have had other more important problems with my wiki recently so I haven't
spend much time on this one.

Arthur Guy