[Mediawiki-l] Variables in Wikitext & Browser Caching

Wolfe, Jeff Jeff_Wolfe at intuit.com
Fri Jun 10 23:29:22 UTC 2005

Hi All,

The main page of my wiki has the variable {{NUMBEROFARTICLES}} on it.  I'm
having a problem with multiple client browsers caching this page and not
reloading when the variable changes.  If I force a reload, the number is
rendered correctly.  If I change the wikitext, the page is reloaded.
Otherwise, I can press F5 all day and not get the latest copy if only the
variable has changed.  I have verified this with both IE 6.0 and Firefox
1.0.1.  I'm running MediaWiki 1.4.1 with a 'recent changes' patch.

Any ideas?  Seems like a caching problem with variables.  Can I disable
caching for this page only?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff