[Mediawiki-l] setting up a new wiki

David Patrick David.Patrick at ordnancesurvey.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 15:38:55 UTC 2005

As a proof of concept (these managers take a lot of convincing) I am trying to run an installation of WikiMedia on my localhost address.

I have Apache, PHP and MySQL running. These were obtained as a single package from www.firepages.com.au and installed onto my Win2K machine. Wikimedia is installed on top of that.

Anyway, on to the problem:

Logging in to Wikimedia as either a normal user, or as a sysadmin, I can click on 'edit' to make a change, but cannot get the 'save' button to function correctly. Pressing 'Save' displays the changes I have made with a warning telling me that this is a preview, and that I should save my changes.

Question: What setting might I be missing? Where do I start looking?

David Patrick
Ordnance Survey, Romsey Road, Southampton, SO16 4GU
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk
T:(023) 8079 2859       F:(023) 8079 2078

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU