[Mediawiki-l] Hi, I'm new and have a couple problems

GreenPowered greenpowered at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:25:12 UTC 2005

Hello everybody! I have just set up wiki at greenpowered.org to help
people teach each other about making the transition to clean energy.
It is a wonderful engine and I thank everyone who contributed to it
and for making it available.

I have a couple problems I can't figure out though. Possibly it is
something with the server not mediawiki, but any info is appriciated.

The first is that every once in a while when a link is clicked, I get
prompted to save the file: index.php I believe. If you click cancel
and click it again it always works. It happens rarely. If you open the
file it prompts you to save, it is in binary, with only a couple lines
of data.

The second problem only started happening recently. What happens is if
a new page is created, then you go back to the page where you created
it, the link does not turn blue. If you click it the edit page comes
up, and the text is in the editbox. The strange thing is hitting
refresh won't help. The only way for the link to turn blue is to
delete all the pages out of the IE browser cache, and re-access it. I
thought it happened when I upgraded from 1.4.0 to 1.4.4. However, i
went back to 1.4.0 and it was still there. Now I'm on 1.4.5, and still
have the problem. The way I switched versions was just to replace all
the files.

Erik (greenpowered admin)