[Mediawiki-l] Renaming namespaces

Alias viool at webmail.co.za
Wed Jun 8 20:36:22 UTC 2005

Hi List,

I'm from the Afrikaans Wikipedia and we inherited a translated MediaWiki
(none of the original contributors have been active for over a year).
The original choice of names for the talk pages (talk, user talk, and so
on) are less than ideal as they are very long and cumbersome. Since then
the languageAF.php file has not been maintained well and is in desperate
need of attention. What would be the consequences of dropping in a new
translation of languageAF.php that would involve renaming the
namespaces?

(please CC me as I am not on the list)