[Mediawiki-l] Two URL q's. Link to files and directories, and target = blank for new browser window

Carlton B carltonb at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 8 07:49:23 UTC 2005

This isn't really a mediawiki problem... you can't access a remote file
using file:// unless you've got an NFS link, no matter what software you are
using.

Not sure if you have an NFS, SMB, or other setup... but you'd have to put an
http server on whatever server can see files as if they were local.    Sorry
if I've misunderstood your question but I don't see any other way.