[Mediawiki-l] Upload/unupload or something better?

Jordi Domingo jordidr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:14:11 UTC 2005

Hello, I realized that my apllication based on Mediawiki was based in
the concept that I had a PO file provided by other apllication.

The problem is that a few time ago said me that the other application
is not developed already - maybe eight months later (would be a
new/redone/finished project made by other person).

So, I just realize that I must change things: the PO file was in the
index directory and loaded normally (in the same directory as
index.php), but now I see it has to work with a PO file provided by
the user! (although not in the future, but yes now to work).

I think I can do this by upload the file (there's a textinput already
done to "examine" the hard disk of the user, I believe), but it should
be done automatically. And later it should be unloaded automatically -
another possiblity would be provide a link to download the modified
file, but I would like to minify options (potential users are not
computer experts).

The best would be that more than upload/unupload - the wiki goes to
the path indicated and modifies the file just here. I suppose it's
possible, but the fact is that I need to show it tomorrow - if any of
you can give me a solution or only an indication on how to do this
(accessing the file in hard disk), or even how upload/unupload
user-transparent (without user having to press buttons, only select
the file in the examine dialog), it would be great.

The application is almost finished and it's only this
last-minute-thing that I've realized and is kicking me...

Thanks in advance and sorry if the question is moron: as I said, I
just realized it and the one-day limit avoids me time. I beleive I'll
can this noon (now I'm in work, no access to my code) do an "upload
plus download it", but I see it as a solution of emergency - probably
not liked by project bosses.

Jordi