[Mediawiki-l] Failed adding Special:Wantedpages to navigation bar

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:03:37 UTC 2005

On 6/5/05, Carlton B <carltonb at mindspring.com> wrote:
> When I tried to add Special:Wantedpages to the navigation bar, the link
> appears but it goes to a page called "--error:_link_target_missing--".  This
> is for This is for 1.4.3.
>
> I followed the instructions to the letter, I think.
>
> The article MediaWiki:Wantedpages already existed, and contained the text
> "Wanted pages."  This works OK.
> The article MediaWiki:Wantedpages-url did not exist.  I created it with the
> text "Special:Wantedpage
>
> Here is what I have in my LocalSettings.php:
> $wgNavigationLinks = array (
>         array( 'text'=>'mainpage',   'href'=>'mainpage' ),
>         array( 'text'=>'recentchanges', 'href'=>'recentchanges-url' ),
>         array( 'text'=>'wantedpages', 'href'=>'wantedpages-url' ),   #
> Change is here
>         array( 'text'=>'randompage', 'href'=>'randompage-url' ),
>         array( 'text'=>'portal',     'href'=>'portal-url' ),
>         array( 'text'=>'currentevents', 'href'=>'currentevents-url' ),
>         array( 'text'=>'help',               'href'=>'helppage' ),
>         array( 'text'=>'sitesupport',        'href'=>'sitesupport-url' ),
> );
>
> The first time I did this, someone may have retrieved the page before
> MediaWiki:Wantedpages-url existed.
> What could have happened here?   Did I get a bad value cached somewhere?

Works for me. If you think it's a caching issue, try logging in (IIRC,
full-page caching is only done with anonymous users).

Make sure that [[MediaWiki:Wantedpages-url]] has this text:
Special:Wantedpages

Here's the code I added to LocalSettings.php:
 $wgNavigationLinks[] = array('text'=>'wantedpages', 'href'=>'wantedpages-url');

Does this help any? Are you using a non-english wiki? (Check the value
of {{ns:-1}})

-- Jamie