[Mediawiki-l] Template usage

rouble rouble at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:11:40 UTC 2005

I just started using mediawiki, and it is pretty cool. Often time I
want to create many pages with the same outline, so I'd like to use
templates.

To do this I went to http://example.com/wiki/Template:Project, and
created a page.

Now everytime I want to start a new page I want to create a new
project page I want it to
inherit everything from Template:Project.

I tried calling {{Project}} from within the newly created page, but
this sort of creates a link
to the Template:Project. If I modify something in this page it
modifies Template:Project.

I just want the new page to inherit everything from project, so I can
continue to edit the new page. I don't want to modify the template.

Any ideas ?

TIA,
rouble

--
"A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of." - Ogden Nash