[Mediawiki-l] Yes! Replace talk pages!

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Jun 4 03:04:43 UTC 2005

Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 20:17 -0500, Muzaffer Ozakca wrote:
>>As I said, my goal is not replacing talk pages but give my users a
>>separate forum.
>

> I think replacing talk pages altogether is a much better goal.
[snip]

Check the wikitech archives and meta and whatnot for talk on the
experimental forum extension and the (vaporware :) LiquidThreads idea.

Certainly we could do better for discussions than the current simple
talk pages; I'd love to see the research group pursue this with an eye
towards making something that really works well.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)