[Mediawiki-l] Weird behavior with image displays

Matt Johnson mdjohnson at wesleyan.edu
Fri Jun 3 00:23:05 UTC 2005

Hey guys,

I'm running MediaWiki 1.4.4, on FreeBSD 4.8 with PHP 5.0.4, Apache
1.3.33 and MySQL 4.1.12. It's largely the stock install. I changed a
few options here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.

So here's the problem. I upload an image, and it works fine. Then I
whip up a quick page which includes the following wiki markup:

[[Image:Corwin-field.jpg|right|thumb|200px|Image caption]]

It should display the image at 200px, with a border around it, right-
aligned, right? Well, all it does is show it right-aligned, at
uploaded size, with no border or caption at all. If you want to see
what I mean, check it out:

http://weswiki.broadlatitude.com/index.php/Corwin_Stadium

I've tried tweaking everything I can think of (I had older versions
of Apache and PHP running, and upgraded those. I even upgraded mysql
to a more recent version). The weird thing is that I installed
MedaWiki on the -exact- same environment (PHP 5.0.4, Apache 1.3.33,
MySQL 4.1.12) except on Mac OS X (only that's my workstation, not my
server :) It works fine, strangely enough.

Has anyone experienced this behavior? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

- Matt