[Mediawiki-l] Reclaiming space by making images smaller

=James Birkholz= j.birchwood at verizon.net
Sat Jul 30 19:17:54 UTC 2005

A user has run me out of disk space on my hosted wiki with huge jpgs. I've
been making them smaller and re-uploading them, but the disk space
remaining is shrinking, so the old large images aren't being replaced, they
are being pushed aside. How can I get them deleted? The old images
directory location shows the new image. Or is this some problem with the
the host?

James Birkholz
administrator (Betreuer der), Posen-EN mailing list & website
http://www.Posen-L.com & http://www.birchy.com/GenWiki