[Mediawiki-l] image thumbnails

Jake Gordon mediawiki at jakeg.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 15:12:52 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I can't get image thumbnails to work at all. I get 404 errors for them.
I see the correct directories exist but the actual thumbnail files
themselves don't.

I'm using 1.5rc3 on Windows with Apache, Mysql, PHP. GD2 is enabled for
gif, jpg and png. I've also tried with ImageMagick. Neither work.

I get 404 errors e.g:

"The requested URL /w/images/thumb/8/85/image.jpg/300px-image.jpg was
not found on this server."

The full size images are uploaded successfully. Just the thumbnails that
aren't being created.

I presume normally they're created on the fly when a thumbnail doesn't
already exist? In which case, the 404 page should instead by handled by
mediawiki to create the thumbnail, no? Well, this isn't happening.

Replies much appreciated!

Jake.