[Mediawiki-l] semantic extension of mediawiki

Southern Phoenix hendry at nii.ac.jp
Thu Jul 28 12:14:50 UTC 2005

Dear all,

our group has modified the MediaWiki to have a Semantic Web notion.

The system is accessible from
http://www.semanticwiki.jp/

It is still under development.

To make it short, what we did is enabling the MediaWiki to write
labeled links. We used the Category function as a reference to
create a new namespace ("Term:"). Wiki pages under this namespace
are enabled to write labeled links.

Well, we believe that this extension enables the MediaWiki to be
a content and metadata management system, and we hope it will be
useful for the future development of MediaWiki.

The MediaWiki version we use is 1.3.11.

Regards,

Hendry

----