[Mediawiki-l] Saving edits gives blank previews, edits never committed.

Chris Lawther chris.lawther at spiratech.com
Mon Jul 25 10:56:08 UTC 2005

On an RH7.2 box, running the latest RH released versions of PHP (4.1.2),
PHP-MySQL (4.1.2) and MySQL (3.23.58) I have installed MediaWiki 1.4.7,
which initially appears to be working fine. However, all attempts to
edit pages, anonymously or logged in either as an ordinary user or
WikiSysop, produce the same result. Pressing 'Save page' has the same
effect as pressing 'Show Preview'. The Preview doesn't contain either
the old or the new page, but once again offers the option of either a
Preview or a Save.

The symptoms sound a little like those in this thread:
   http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2005-April/004840.html

I tried adding the session_save_path(...) statement to the end of
LocalSettings.php, but saw no change in behaviour.

Chris