[Mediawiki-l] Okay im going to do a clean install again so i'd like some suggestions, , ,

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:34:47 UTC 2005

On 7/20/05, casper.levy at eu.nabgroup.com <casper.levy at eu.nabgroup.com> wrote:
> Hi this wiki is giving me too many random errors to sort out and since its
> still early in its life and has a manageable small number of pages im
> going to copy the content from the edit pages and start again. So what i'd
> like to know is suggestions of what server/php/mysql versions or packages
> containing all three work well with mediaWIKI on windows. Has anyone had a
> beautiful error/stress free install? What version on mediawiki are you
> using etc?
>
> Any suggestions much appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Caspar

XAMPP <http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html> worked really well
for me. But, like a lot of other all-in-one packages, you'll need to
do some messing around to get it secure and production-ready.

As a test server (on my own XP system), it works wonderfully. It was
easy to set up (although I did have some issues with MySQL not finding
the logs). It includes everything you'll need, and comes with PHP5 and
4 (5 is default).

After installing it and doing some basic tests, try doing some
digging. There's a lot in there.

-- Jamie