[Mediawiki-l] Re: BETA Spellchecker

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed Jul 20 17:02:17 UTC 2005

Jan Steinman wrote:
> Mea culpa. <gloat>I just assumed all modern operating systems
> came off-the-shelf with built-in, system-wide interactive
> spelling correction that works equally well in all applications.
> (Except for a few bad Windows ports that ignore system input
> methods.)</gloat>
>
> (Every time I even think about trying Windows or Linux,
> something like this reminds me why I use a Mac.)

Why do you bother with Wikipedia or Mediawiki?  Just use some
ready, off-the-shelf encyclopedia or content management system.

Linux and its various browsers and spell checkers are being built
and improved right now, by people just like those who build and
improve Mediawiki and Wikipedia.  You don't have to be part of
this.  It's completely voluntary.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)