[Mediawiki-l] Get rid of index.php in URL

Zain Memon zain at voltage.com
Wed Jul 20 02:31:38 UTC 2005

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. However, I'm having one problem. I used the Kludge method from the page http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_a_very_short_URL and it seems to be working okay, except for one thing: Searches don't work.

Whenever I run a search, it tells me it's a badly formed search query. I believe the reason is that the search form is POSTing to /Special:Search instead of /index.php/Special:Search. If I add in the index.php manually, it works fine.

Any idea why this is, and how I can fix it? If nothing, could someone point me to the file that prints the Search box so I can manually change the form action?

Thanks.