[Mediawiki-l] Moving from one server to another

Jason Lixfeld jason+lists.mediawiki at lixfeld.ca
Tue Jul 19 13:12:19 UTC 2005

Hello,

     I had mediawiki 1.4.6 installed on a machine which just had the
mediawiki directory hanging off the webserver documentroot.  I moved
this to a production server and onto a vhost and changed my
LocalSettings.php over, but all my links are still broken and I'm not
sure why.

I copied the database as per http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/
How_to_move_a_MediaWiki_Database without issue.  I can get to the
main page of my installation, no problem but whenever I try to click
on any of the links which were copied with the database from the old
server, the URL has /mediawiki in it, even though LocalSettings.php
has:  $wgScriptPath       = "";.  I'm somewhat stumped.  From what
I've read, it should be as easy as making sure the $wgScriptPath
variable is set correctly, but I may be horribly wrong and there may
be something else quite involved that I'm missing.

Any ideas?