[Mediawiki-l] Re: Why can't i run maintenance scripts???

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Tue Jul 19 10:04:51 UTC 2005

casper.levy at eu.nabgroup.com wrote:
> I have tried running them from the command line, then i commented out the
> bit in commandline.inc and tried running them from a brouser and all i get
> is this message,

Maintenance scripts need to be ran from the command line, not the
browser !  So you should let them call commandline.inc and use the php
client to run them.

Example when refreshing the cache for special pages:

hashar:/v/w/m/maintenance$ php updateSpecialPages.php
Ancientpages                  got 143 rows in 0.15s
BrokenRedirects               got 3 rows in 0.07s
Deadendpages                  got 81 rows in 0.09s
Disambiguations               got 1 rows in 0.11s
<snip>
hashar at bihash:/v/w/m/maintenance$

That's really not meant to be run from a browser.

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar