[Mediawiki-l] Re: MediaWiki install question (+ a problem)

Matt Hampel mahatm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:46:33 UTC 2005

On 7/5/05, Kate <keturner at livejournal.com> wrote:
> Matt Hampel wrote in gmane.org.wikimedia.mediawiki:
> > I've got (another) question about the MediaWiki 1.5 install process:
> > does the install script try to create the database, or does it only
> > create and populate the tables?
>
> it will attempt to create the database only if it doesn't exist.
>
> kate.

The reason why I ask is because I get an installation error even when
I have specified an existing user and an existing database. It looks
as if mediawiki is trying to create the database from scratch rather
than populate the tables:

"Trying to connect to MySQL on localhost as root...
MySQL error 0:

Something's not quite right yet; make sure everything below is filled
out correctly."

My server is running properly. It is using MySQL 4.0.20-standard, not
4.1+, so the old MySQL client libraries problem should not apply.

Matt