Fw: [Mediawiki-l] RHES* to Debian Sarge migration

Lloyd Mason MasonL at rembrandt.co.nz
Mon Jul 4 20:38:04 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rowan Collins" <rowan.collins at gmail.com>
To: "MediaWiki announcements and site admin list"
<mediawiki-l at wikimedia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] RHES* to Debian Sarge migration

On 01/07/05, Edward De Jongh <Edwardd at discovery.co.za> wrote:
> No where would I?

By clicking the "history" tab, just like with any other article.

> It has been sorted though. I simply clicked on edit
> and there was all the info, once I saved it, it was fine. I would still
> love to know how/why.

Probably a caching issue: you probably viewed the main page just after
you installed the new wiki, and the rendered version got cached; then,
when you imported the other version directly into the database, the
software didn't know to clear this cache. Consequently, the old
version was loaded from the cache until you forced it to be purged
[the simplest way of doing this, by the way, is to use the parameter
"action=purge" in the URL].

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]