[Mediawiki-l] different table name prefix

Malcolm Lawrence malcolm at towerofbabel.com
Mon Jul 4 04:31:37 UTC 2005

I've been installing a number of different wikis on one MySQL server, but accidentally neglected to specify a different table name prefix on all of the configuration pages until I started to realize that each subsequent wiki I was creating, which was supposed to have a different language-configuration, was being configured with the language designation of whatever the last wiki was which I had installed.

When I realized what I was (or was not) doing I tried altering the "$wgDBprefix" in LocalSettings to a new prefix but quickly found that I had screwed up everything unless I was able to somehow get back to the configuration page and specify a different table name finally. But after spending far too long trying to poke around in MySQL I can't seem to figure out how to create or alter the original table name prefix.

Is there some way I can do this or have I got to delete the installation altogether now?

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm