[Mediawiki-l] multiple vs. one wiki to handle different subjects

Rusty Shackleford rs at natchie.mine.nu
Fri Jan 28 19:09:06 UTC 2005

I'm planning to host wikis for several different subjects.  One will be
a wiki for statistics programmers, another will be for natural
childbirth, another will be for local politics.   It is unlikely the
groups will interact.

They'll all run on the same box.  My question: is it better to run
multiple instances of mediawiki, where I extract the tarball to
/var/www/wiki1, /var/www/wiki2, etc... or is there some internal support
for this?

Is running multiple wikis more CPU intensive than one single one?

TIA