[Mediawiki-l] Changing the language in the HTLM for specific pages.

Anders Wegge Jakobsen wegge at wegge.dk
Thu Jan 27 18:18:56 UTC 2005

I'm sorry about the cryptical comment line, but I'll try to explain:

My personal wiki is in Danish. But I have noticed a lot of internatiol
visitors to a single page <http://wiki.wegge.dk/MediaWiki>, probably
because of the mod_rewrite stuff. To be a nicer person to everyone, I
made an english translation
<http://wiki.wegge.dk/MediaWiki_customizations>, and linked the two
pages with interlanguage links. The interlanguage prefixes for da and
en both point to the same site, and this is where my trouble
starts. Because the site language is danish, both pages are served
with the samle html declaration, ... xml:lang="da" lang="da" ... And
this is exdactly wrong for the english version. So I was wondering if
anybody had had some similar problems, and how they solved them.

 If nobody have a final solution, I'll try to hack something together
myself. In that case, I will probably list the spacial pages in an
array, and check for that in Output::headElement(). Am I correct in
guessing that $wgTitle will be valid at this point?

--
/Wegge <http://wiki.wegge.dk>
echo mail: !#^."<>"|tr "<> mail:" dk at wegge