[Mediawiki-l] WikiThis! script

D_C d3ntaku at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 04:19:26 UTC 2005

> =James Birkholz= wrote:
> | It might be nice to be able to allow raw HTML on protected pages....
>
> This idea has been kicked around before. Here are just a couple of the
> potential pitfalls which have prevented it so far:

how about if pages could use an <include> type function, that only
includes from the file system the server is on?

Then a developer could create for example a searchbox form, or a JS
clock, as a template item. They have the rights to upload that
document to the webserver.
Other people who want to can use it... include it in their pages.

This would allow much richer arbitrary components to be built by the
lead developers and reused by others... I could see a rich library of
"wikiboxes" being created and shared (a little like the Lazslo
Blogboxes project).

Of course, then it would be nice to pass parameters etc, and the
solution gets more complex...
Is there already a plug-in api for mediawiki? i did some googlilng but
couldnt find anything useful. But I am not really describing PHP
plugins, just simple inline blobs to put into the HTML / include in
the edit area - so anyone can quickly use.

/dc

           David "DC" Collier
mobile business creator |モバイル・ビジネス・クリエーター
           dc at pikkle.com
           http://www.pikkle.com
           +81 (0)90-7414-6107