[Mediawiki-l] WikiThis! script

D_C d3ntaku at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:56:26 UTC 2005

hi -

I want to create something like the "Blog This!" toolbar buttons that
a lot of blogging tools have. When inspiration strikes, a simple "wiki
this!" button to instantly create a new page.

First step is here, where it just creates the URL for a non-existent
page, and goes there, opens the edit box.

http://wiki.pikkle.com/wikiThis.php    (example)
http://wiki.pikkle.com/wikiThis.php.txt   (source)

basically it does this
	$wikiUrl = WIKIURL;
	$pageName = $_GET['pageName'];
	$targetUrl = WIKIURL . "index.php?title=$pageName&action=edit";
	header("location: $targetUrl");

Of course, the new page is an orphan, but can be found from the
"recent changes". But thats a little bit of a hassle.

* mediaWiki api :: inject ?
Is there a way of creating a link <from> a page automagically? So the
newly created pages are not Orphaned?
eg something like a mediawiki api, where before jumping to this edit
page my script could inject a new entry into a "whats new" or "date
order" catch all grab-bag page?

* fill out the form
if the "action=edit" is looking for some post fields, i could pre-fill
out some stuff on the form, like categories or the URL i surfed in
from... is this documented anywhere?

* editing templates
I would like to also put this into the template of my wiki layout, but
on opening up "MonoBook.php" it doesnt seem as obvious as i thought.
googling didnt turn up any obvious answers, so would appreciate any
links for template customization...

Also want to make a toolbar scriptlet out of this next...

Thanks!

/dc
   David "DC" Collier
mobile business creator |モバイル・ビジネス・クリエーター
    dc at pikkle.com
    http://www.pikkle.com
    +81 (0)90-7414-6107