[Mediawiki-l] ENotif (e-mail notification for changed pages)

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Tue Jan 25 00:10:24 UTC 2005

http://meta.wikipedia.org/Enotif

Hello all developers and mediawikipedians,

I need urgently to know, pushy as I am, whether or not you are in favour
of having User_talk: ***and*** User: pages treated in the same way:
currently, only User_talk  pages show the "You have new messages" label
and trigger an ENotif in CVS HEAD versions, if the user has opted-in.

However more and more users have asked me whether I could also supervise
  the accompanying ***User*** page, so that changes on this page are
also triggering ENotifs.

I suggest:

to modify the MediaWiki behaviour, so that both, the
User_talk:X *and* User:X pages trigger the "you have new messages" flag
and also an ENotif(if enabled). Of course, changes of User X do neither
trigger the display of the marker nor an ENotif.

Looking forward to your answers, please reply to
mailto:mail at wikinaut.de?Subject=ENotif%20also%20for%20Userpages

Wikinaut Tom