[Mediawiki-l] Browser caching problems (MediaWiki 1.3.9, IE 6)

Jeremy Vignaux jeremyv at bostonwireless.com
Mon Jan 24 17:45:41 UTC 2005

We're having a lot of issues with pages (especially re-uploaded images)
not being displayed properly on end-user workstations because the local
browser is caching the pages even though they have been updated.
Obviously manually clearing the cache (globally or with CTRL-F5) fixes
the problem), but this simply doesn't scale well to end users.

We're running MediaWiki on MS IIS 6.0 (Windows 2003) and all users are
using IE 6 to view the site.

Has anyone had experience fixing these types of issues?