[Mediawiki-l] Re: Printing the contents of an entire mediawiki

Stephan Walter stephan.walter at epfl.ch
Fri Jan 21 14:33:58 UTC 2005

Jason Davies wrote:
> are there other methods? I'm familiar with grep (through BBEdit on a
> mac) but am not au fait with perl. In fact, I was planning to write a
> BBEdit/Applescript set of scripts to do rudimentary reformatting between
> LaTeX and wiki. am I reinventing the wheel?

You are...

I have written a python script to convert Mediawiki articles to LaTeX,
see http://wiki.auf-trag.de/

It's not a good idea. This should be done with Wiki -> XML -> PDF, once
we have a fully working wiki->XML parser. The problem is that have to
make it work with hundreds of mediawiki's specialities like categories
etc...

Regards,
Stephan