[Mediawiki-l] Changing links and removing discussion

Muzaffer Ozakca mozakca at indiana.edu
Thu Jan 20 20:30:51 UTC 2005

We had a discussion about changing links in the navigation box for the
Monobook skin. You can try to find it in the archives.

Removing the discussion tab, I believe, will require some changes in the
code. If you're using Monobook in 1.3.9, for example, look for
buildContentActionUrls functions in SkinPHPTal.php. I made some changes in
that function to add a new tab and it seems to work for me.

I don't know about toolbox but I believe it's skin specific, too. You should
look at sources for those in skin code if there isn't an easier solution.
Also go to mediawiki.org, there are some pointers to documentation.

I don't know how these things work in 1.4 series, I heard that skin stuff
changed.