[Mediawiki-l] Re: some general questions

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 15:38:23 UTC 2005

>MW has sprung a few leaks in the past. none were too serious and
>update patches were quick and effective IMHO, so like any other web
>application, keep your eyes peeled on the announce list and upgrade
>ASAP if there is a security update announced.

oh, and any sense of whether to go with betas or 'full releases' would
be useful... As a 'proper' (NDA) beta-tester on some commercial
products, I know that betas can sometimes go adrift when new things are
implemented - and I have people using this wiki actively. So where is
the balance with Mediawiki?  are betas pretty solid - especially ones
with security fixes - or are they 'much emphasis on "beta"'? (I think
you get the idea...!)

much appreciated...