[Mediawiki-l] some general questions

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 15:06:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

first of all please tell me if this is the wrong place to ask these
questions. It was the best one I could find, from the description.

We (at my university) are runngi a wiki on Mediawiki -
<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/calt/alpd/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page>.

I am familiar with *using* wikis but not necessarily maintaining them;
the software was installed for me.

There are a number of issues which I am increasingly having to address
and any clarification - or advice on where to get it - would be welcom.
I have googled etc but you know how that can be less helpful than you
expect...:-)

1) some of the sytems people are concerned about security. Is a wiki on
Mediawiki likely to provide any security hole that 'ordinary' web pages
don't? (or: 'what do I say to sound authoritative?' ;-)

2) how do I delete a page? :-) someone made one up as a joke thinking it
could be removed. I can't work it out.

I'm sure there will be more... but perhaps I can start there, and do
tell me if there are more appropriate places to ask.