[Mediawiki-l] Help with Interwiki

Aldon Hynes ahynes1 at optonline.net
Wed Jan 19 00:23:54 UTC 2005

I have a Media Wiki site set up http://testwiki.smartcampaigns.com

MediaWiki (http://wikipedia.sf.net/): 1.3.9
PHP (http://www.php.net/): 4.3.10 (cgi)
MySQL (http://www.mysql.com/): 4.0.22-standard

I have interwiki working, sort of.  I have the 108 entries from the
interwiki.sql script loaded and at least checking a few of them out, they
all seem to be working.

So, I thought, I should be able to simply add another record to the table
and it should work as well, right?

So I went into SQL and executed:
insert into interwiki values ("id", "http://public.2idi.com/=$1", 0);

When I check the table, sure enough, the row is in there.

However, when I attempt to use an interwiki link
e.g.
[[id:Aldon.Hynes]]

nothing shows up.

(Take a look at
http://testwiki.smartcampaigns.com/index.php?title=Aldon_Hynes ) for an
example.  The link to AbbeNormal comes in okay, but the link to id doesn't
come in at all.

My guess is that I am missing a step, but I haven't been able to figure it
out.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Aldon Hynes