MediaWiki 'not a good wiki platform' (Was: [Mediawiki-l] Restricting pages to certain users)

Nancy McGough nm-reverse-spam-filter at ii.deflexion.com
Sun Jan 16 11:02:19 UTC 2005

Someone wrote:
> On Sunday 16 January 2005 12:29, you wrote:
>>   planning to convert Infinite Ink to a MediaWiki wiki in 2005
>
> No, do not do that, MediaWiki is not a good wiki platform. I would say that it
> is better to look at
>
> http://www.tikiwiki.org
> http://www.drupal.org
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de
> http://www.pmwiki.org
> http://www.twiki.org

I think it's important to keep this type of discussion on the
list so I'm replying to the list. I've done a lot of research
about CMS's and my choice of MediaWiki is an informed choice. I
write about mathematics and MediaWiki's support of mathematical
writing was one of the important factors in my decision. But I am
open to changing my mind if someone convinces me that MediaWiki
is not the best solution for Infinite Ink. Please tells us *why*
you think MediaWiki is not a good wiki platform.

Thank you,
Nancy

--
Infinite Ink: <http://www.ii.com/>