[Mediawiki-l] Restricting pages to certain users

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip at lug-delhi.org
Sat Jan 15 16:08:46 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 09:26 -0600, Jacob S wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:51:09 +0200
> NSK <nsk2 at wikinerds.org> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 15 January 2005 15:24, Jacob S wrote:
> > > to have a private page/section for each user account on my wiki, for
> >
> > MediaWiki is not a good choice for storing/managing private data, IMO.
> > You should change software.
>
> Yea, unfortunately I haven't found a wiki that is good at that.

MoinMoin works very well in this regard. Its acl features allows you to
define groups, and finetune group permissions on a per page basis. A acl
framework is the biggest feature i miss in mediawiki-1.3.x. I read
somewhere that this is being completely overhauled in 1.4.x.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip at puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3