[Mediawiki-l] Main page

Nomad nomad at nic-nac-project.de
Fri Jan 14 00:57:08 UTC 2005

And one more question. Is there any way to configure starting page
better than any other article-page? I mean i see www.wikipedia.org has
highly customized main page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page)
with featured article, many links to other pages, languages, external
links, news section and so on. I don't need so many features, but to add
something like "todays article" or "random article" would be nice. Is
there any way to have main page include random article after the main
greeting text? I guess maybe it has something to do with Template
namespace?

I'm sorry about such maybe stupid questions, but mediaWiki is not very
good documented (It is a very good soft however ;) ). In other hand
maybe i just didn't find an answer in FAQ's and HELP's..

Linas