[Mediawiki-l] multiple wiki's ?

Erik Hermansen erikh at caravelgames.net
Thu Jan 13 20:56:54 UTC 2005

At 01:47 PM 1/13/2005 -0500, Aaron Macks wrote:
>is there some documentation somewhere on setting up multiple wiki's from
>the same server/install?  I've seen references to it, including a
>refernce, but no more, to a CommonSettings.php
>Aaron

I haven't tried it, but I bet you four dollars this would work...

For each installation:
1. Copy all the files into its own unique directory.  In other words, don't
HTTP serve multiple wiki's from one directory.
2. Run the installation script and choose a unique table prefix.  This
should give you completely separate data for each installation, but the
data would all be on one MySQL server.

-Erik