[Mediawiki-l] How to remove copyright checkbox on Special:Upl oad ?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Jan 13 02:13:27 UTC 2005

On Jan 12, 2005, at 6:06 PM, Francis Perron wrote:
> Sorry about that, completely misunderstood the question.
>
> But I would like to raise the question on how to remove the GNU FDL
> logo
> and copyright info on the footer.  Any suggestions on that one?

Don't configure the GNU FDL logo and copyright info in your
LocalSettings.php if you don't want them... :) When you selected the
GFDL license option in the installer, it generated these lines:

## For attaching licensing metadata to pages, and displaying an
## appropriate copyright notice / icon. GNU Free Documentation
## License and Creative Commons licenses are supported so far.
$wgEnableCreativeCommonsRdf = true;
$wgRightsPage = ""; # Set to the title of a wiki page that describes
your license/copyright
$wgRightsUrl = "http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html";
$wgRightsText = "GNU Free Documentation License 1.2";
$wgRightsIcon = "${wgStylePath}/common/images/gnu-fdl.png";
# $wgRightsCode = "gfdl"; # Not yet used

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)